Have you noticed, at times when your computer hung for a while? Memory Leak Windows 10. Does your computer start working way slower than any other day?
If it happens then, a sign of a memory leak.
How To Fix Memory Leak Windows 10?
You are not running any of the software, but still, it’s working slow. It means there is a possible memory leak in your PC.
It could also be the condition of high CPU usage or space leak.
What Is Memory Leak?
The memory leak is the loss of the user-space; it stands for RAM loss in windows. It means when the computer is unable to manage the memory space.
The space used by the applications is not used correctly. Firstly you need to check where the memory leak is and how much?
Consequences Of The Windows Memory Leak On Your Computer
The memory leak is the space that the application is not freed even if it is not used.
- A memory leak is a bug; you better get out of it as soon as possible.
- A window popping up with 95% memory usage windows 10.
- The memory deficit can crash the applications.
- The shortage of memory can worsen the speed of the PC.
How To Know If You Have A Memory Leak?
To keep an eye on the memory usage on Ram with the help of the task manager. You can even download the windows memory leak detecter which can warn you before it’s too late.
Either it can be a cause of memory usage as well.
Techniques For Windows 10 Memory Leak Fix There are many solutions to fix the memory leak. Some of them are discussed below.
Reboot Your Computer
It is the easiest and best solution for every minor issue.
- Click on the control panel, navigate to the taskbar.
- A window will pop, click on the options end task.
- The shortcut keys are ctrl, shift, and ESC.
- Now restart the computer.
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
How to operate the windows memory diagnostic tool is:
- All the essential tasks are saved before.
- Further, press Win and R simultaneously and type mdsched.exe.
- Press enter.
- After the computer restarts, you need to scan the problem.
- Hit F12 to start the scan.
- Lastly, check whether the issues are solved or not.
If your drivers are not up to date, it can be the reason for a memory leak.
- Opening up the start button and search device manager.
- Right-click the option to update the drivers.
- Mostly the update is cleared by windows 10 by some time you need to do it manually.
Best Performance Memory Leak Windows 10
To check the performance of the PC, you need to:
- Press the control panel, then system and security.
- Then click on the system.
- On the left corner of the window, you will see the advanced system settings. Click it.
- Admin permit can change the settings.
- In the section of the performance, press the settings.
- Under the visual tab, you can check on the best performance.
- Hit the Ok button to save changes.
- Reboot the PC to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Startup Programs Should Disable
Please disable all the unnecessary programs on the startup.
- Directly go to the taskbar.
- Disable all those programs you don’t need on startup.
- You are good to go.
Defrag Hard Drive
Windows defrag the hard drive automatically, but at times you need to do it manually. Hence, it will not free the space instead make it speedy.
- Open the icon of my computer.
- Navigate on the hard drive and click on the option.
- Open up the properties and then click on the tab of tools.
- You will see the option optimize, click on it. Memory Leak Windows 10.
- Select any of the applications you want to defrag and then hit the analyze button.
- Then restart the computer.
Disable Memory Leak Windows 10
It is also one of the best preferences on how to fix memory leaks in Windows 10. It helps you analyze the space in the ram or how much space used by the applications.
- Click on the startup, type service manager in the search box.
- Navigate on the option and then open the properties.
- Click on stop and disable it down below.
You should use some good anti-virus software to find out any malware on your PC. The anti-malware tools are helpful in detecting malware.
Instead, it is taking any extra space and updates the version to avoid any additional problems.
Disable The Option Of Tips And Trick
It can be the source of a windows memory leak. The work of the application is quite useful, but it takes a lot of memory.
You need to stop those pop-ups:
- Open the setting of the computer, moving towards the system, and then press on notifications and actions.
- Please scroll down to the option tips and tricks, and turn it off.
HOW TO FIX MEMORY LEAK WINDOWS 10
We try to cover all the possible options that could cause the windows 10 memory leak 2020. You can try them on your PC to fix the problems. Memory Leak Windows 10.
Read Also: How To Speed Up Windows 10 PC In 2021