How To fix your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart issue, you need to
- Disconnect all the peripheral devices.
- Go to Windows safe mode.
- Run Startup Repair.
Windows is a great operating system. But the windows system faces some issues every now or then. One such error is “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.”
In this article, we will be providing some quick solutions to this problem. But first, let’s find out why this error message shows.
Reasons Behind “Your PC Ran Into A Problem And Need To Restart”
“Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart” is one of the many windows error messages. Your PC shows these messages when it is facing a severe issue, and any kind of usage might harm your system even more.
There can be many reasons behind this particular problem, like corrupted system files/drivers, memory/ RAM problems, overheating, hardware errors, and virus infection. Most of the time Windows operating system tries to solve this issue by itself. So, you don’t need to worry.
But if your screen freezes to this error message then you need to take a step.
5 Effective Solutions to Your PC Ran Into A Problem And Needs To Restart
Here are a few steps you can take to solve this issue.
1. Disconnect All The Peripherals
This point might seem irrelevant. But a faulty peripheral device can cause this problem.
To Check if a peripheral device caused this problem or not,
- Turn your system off completely.
- Disconnect all the devices connected with your system except the monitor.
- Then turn your system on.
- If it works now without showing the error message, then the problem is with your peripheral devices.
If this is the problem, then find out and change the peripheral device.
2. Check Your Hardware
Ran into a problem error message can also be caused by faulty hardware.
Sometimes the connections between your hardware component loosen up or get damaged. So, if your problem is not solved by point 1 then look for hardware damages.
- First, check if there is any burn marks or smell near you CPU.
- Then open all the screws of your CPU.
- Check your motherboard carefully.
- After that, check the RAM slots.
- If possible, connect the RAMs to different RAM slots.
- Check Your HDD or SSD slots.
- If you have a dedicated GPU, then check its connections too.
- Lastly, check all the connection cables inside your CPU.
After checking all the hardware components, Try to turn on your system. If it turns on ok, then the problem was with your hardware. Otherwise, the problem is related to your software or OS, and you need to go for more complex solutions.
3. Go To Windows Safe Mode PC Ran And Needs To Restart
If the problem is related to your OS or driver, then you have to solve it by going to windows safe mode. As you can not log into your system.
Windows safe mode is a special windows feature that allows you to access some of the basic features of your windows device if you ran into a problem. There are two windows safe mode.
- Safe Mode.
- Safe Mode with Networking.
To solve this problem, you need to go to windows safe mode with networking.
Here is the Microsoft support guide to activate windows safe mode.
Please follow the above guideline carefully to go into the safe mode, and you must select Safe Mode with Networking for the next step to work.
4. Start Startup Repair PC Ran And Needs To Restart
Windows startup repair is a windows troubleshooting feature that checks if there are any missing or corrupted system files and tries to fix them.
For this process to work, you must go to windows safe mode. After going to the windows safe mode, please follow the below instructions.
Step-1: Type recovery in the search box in safe mode.
Step-2: Then Choose Advance mode.
Step-3: After that, choose Troubleshoot.
Step-4: Choose Advanced options.
Step-5: Select Startup repair.
This process takes some time, and it should solve any issue related to your device’s system files.
5. Uninstall Any Recently Installed Program
If your problem is not resolved until now, then your PC ran into a problem that can be caused by some software you recently installed.
Luckily safe mode allows you to check and uninstall any installed program. So, you can uninstall it by
- Searching Apps in the search box.
- Select that program.
- Uninstall it.
After uninstalling the program, please restart your PC. If this issue is caused by some faulty app, then it should be solved by now.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Try to be as careful as possible while following the above tasks.
- This problem can also be caused by out of date drivers, so always update your drivers. Here is the link to some useful driver update software.
- If you are not confident enough, then seek help from experts. Otherwise, you might pose harm to your device.
- If you still have a warranty go to your service center as soon as possible.
These are some of the most effective fixes to Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. Your problem should be solved by now. If not, then your problem is more complex and can be solved by only experts.