To clean MacBook pro fans, you need to
- Remove all the screws to open the bottom cover.
- Clean all the dust carefully and look for the cooling fan.
- Use a soft-headed brush to clean the fan and close the bottom cover again.
MacBook pros are a great apple product. They can handle any kind of task. That’s the reason they are the first choice of designers, developers, and content creators. But like any other laptop overheating/ loud fan noise occurs on MacBook pros too.
One of the fixes to this problem is cleaning the cooling fan and this article is all about cleaning the fan. So, stay tuned.
Here are a few things you must need to open your MacBook pro
- P5 Pentalobe Screwdriver.
- Suction Cup.
- Thin Plastic bar/ Guitar pick.
- Soft Brush/ Canned Air.
If you have a MacBook pro older than the 2016 model, you won’t need the suction cup and guitar picks.
Now, let’s find out the process.
3 Simple Steps To Clean MacBook Pro Fan
1. Remove All The Screws & Open The Back Part
This was a simple process for older models. But after 2015 apple decided to add some adhesives on the back part. These adhesives made it difficult to open the back part of a regular MacBook pro user.
- But don’t worry. We have got your back. Here are a few simple steps to do it.
- Remove all the screws using the p5 pentalobe screwdriver.
- Keep track of every screw. Because Apple uses different size screws in different parts.
- After carefully removing the screws, stuck your suction cup with the back part of your MacBook pro.
- Apply moderate pressure gently and carefully insert the guitar pick from the below corner of the bottom part.
- Carefully apply pressure and run your guitar pick to all the corners of your MacBook pro except the upper part.
- By this time, the bottom part of your Macbook will loosen up.
- Carefully pull the back part in the below direction, and you are good to go.
If you have a MacBook Pro older than the 2016 model or without a touch bar, then you don’t need to follow the above instructions. Just removing the screws will be enough to open the back part of your MacBook pro.
2. Carefully Clean All The Dust & Find Your Cooler Fan
This is the easiest step for all the MacBook Pro models.
Just clean the back part and all the other components carefully. Always use a soft brush or cotton. Because a MacBook Pro has vulnerable ribbons and a hard brush can damage them. So, be really careful while cleaning it.
After cleaning it, look for a circle-shaped component in the upper left part. That is your MacBooks cooler fan.
3. Clean Your MacBook Pro Fan
This is an easy yet tricky part. Because Apple covers almost all the parts of the cooler fan and it’s not suggested to open them without expert help.
Carefully palace your soft brush around the fan and clean it. Some people suggest using canned air. But it can harm your device.
However, if you reside in a dusty place then you can use low pressured canned air. Remember you have to use the lowest pressure canned air. Otherwise, you might harm your device.
Moreover, you can also use a low pressured vacuum bottle or cleaner to suck all the dust from the fan and vents. Try to keep the pressure on the lowest level.
Well, you are done with the cleaning. Now put the screws in the right place and close the back part.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Apple products are really sensitive and expensive as well. So, be extra careful while following the above steps.
- Apple does not suggest opening their product on your own.
- If you still have a warranty left for your MacBook pro, never open it. It will void the warranty.
- If you don’t have the confidence, go to an expert to clean your MacBook Pro.
- If you harm any of the components of your MacBook while cleaning it, go to a service center as soon as possible.
This is how you should clean your MacBook pro in 2022. If you follow the above instructions carefully then your problem will be solved by now.